Upgrading my lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trust me it has brackets. if you were to put it on the glass your aquarium would boil. Replace all 4 bulbs that it comes with. They are crap.

Yeah it comes with 4 different lamps. (2 actinics and 2 10000ks) but those bulbs are crap so you should replace them with quality bulbs of the correct wattage.

I will be getting my fishneedit light tomorrow. :) i ordered mine with 2 10k and 2 actinics.

should replace those bulbs or not, also when i go to chose bulbs, i can only choose from white and atinic, what should i do. This is my coral wish list, i assume the will all be ok under this light
kenya tree
frogspawn
waving hand
a brain
some nems

yep, 10k is white. the 20k bulbs you can choose will be white still but more blueish. the actinics are totally different. Just get 2 of each. You can replace the bulbs if you want after you get it if you really wanted but youre looking at another $20 a bulb to do that.

Lol I say replace the bulbs but if it was me I probably wouldnt because I'm cheap:)
Joy told me they where crap but I can't speak from experience.

i see, what corals would you put in a 20 long with that lighting

I will know tomorrow if they are crappy or not. cant wait to get this new fixture in my greedy little hands! lol

what is canopy, can they support anemones, sps and softies

A canopy goes over the top of a tank...

I know the fixture will support most corals, the more light demanding ones may have to be placed up higher in the tank though. As far as an anemone, I would highly suggest that you wait a bit for your tank to mature. It also needs to have pristine water and stable parameters. i don't believe for the first few months any tank is stable enough for such a delicate creature.

Back
Top Bottom