Upgrading my lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
when my tank is ready for a nem, will the light support it

I think it will depend on the nem. It's a close one as far as the lighting fixture is concerned. It "may" be enough.

I think it will depend on the nem. It's a close one as far as the lighting fixture is concerned. It "may" be enough.
Thanks Carey, you have been a big help, which specific corals would you get??

since I'm getting the same light thats a good question zach. :-D

I will have zooas, mushrooms, a candycane, blastomussa's, toadstool,duncans, acans, a montipora and a hammer coral. thats what i currently have in my 20g which is getting the new light. I expect those corals to do well under that light. I may have left out a few but the lights are out so I cant see which ones are in there lol

cool, when looking at liveaqueria, i couldnt find a kenya tree, is it considered lps or sps?

No problem! Basically as much as you can fit. They don't add to the bioload so there's no biological limit.

good, i want the tank to have a cluttered overstocked look, to i need to (re)aquascape if none of my (8) rocks actually touch each other?

also, when it says 30 inches, it means the fixture, not the bulb is 30 inches right?

when it says 30 inches, it means the fixture not the bulb right, in addition, for aquascaping purposes, can i add liverock to an already cycled tank?

I have few kenya trees in my tank that are doing awesome! And I have really crappy lighting. I am working on getting better lighting...but the point is, the kenya seems to not be picky at all. So i am sure it would be great with any lighting. I started with two trees...now I have 6 :)

Back
Top Bottom