Upgrading protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DurTBear

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a Red Sea Prizm HOB protein skimmer and would like to upgrade to an Aqua C Remora skimmer. I just have one question though. My tank is a 25-30 gallon tank so an Aqua C Remora would fit the bill. However, would it be ok if I were to get the Aqua C Remora Pro skimmer so in the future, if I decide to upgrade to bigger tank, I wouldn't have to buy a new skimmer? Would the Pro be overkill for my current tank?

So the sales rep also agreed with you that it wouldn't be overkill. But he said that the pump could possibly raise the tank temperature a few degrees. Would this be a bad thing or do you think I could get away with it?

I think you could probly get away with it. If it raises the temp too much you can add a fan to blow across the water. Most of the time the pump on my coralife heats the water just enough that my heater dosent have to turn on.

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm thinking as well but I wanted to get some other opinions. I've noticed that on warm days, my tank can get above 80 degrees anyway. So I don't think it will be too much of a problem...

Would you opt for the Rio 1400 or the Mag 3?

Mag 3 and the pump should only increase temps by a few degrees at the most.

Back
Top Bottom