Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-22-2006, 03:20 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
upgrading tank

How would I go about upgrading my tank. I would like to increase the size by about 2x. Do I need to start cycling all over again?

murcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:27 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
I think it depends on how you're planning to go about it.

Not to make this about me or anything , but I'm doing something similiar right now. I'm moving everything from my 29 gallon to a 75. But since I'm keeping my wet/dry wet and just hooking it up to the new tank and I'm moving all of my live rock and live sand over to the new set up, my filtration is already matured. I'll still put my fish in a quarantine tank and check my parameters for anything out of the ordinary but basically all I'm doing is increasing the volume of water.

If you're doing something like that you shouldn't have to go through another cycle...

Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:06 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
i did the same as you reese, and it had a mini cycle but if your moving everything, it shouldnt be a mojor concearn as long as you watch the water you should be ok.
pluk1992 is offline   Reply With Quote

tan, upgrading, upgrading tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com