URGENT - tank sealant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munchie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just set up my 29g and noticed these in the corner sealant ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428164596.607038.jpg

It was bought as part of the dollar a gallon sale at Petco.. Should I be concerned?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My tetra 20 t has the same thing going on, it's been fine for over a year.. if it starts pulling away than its time to worry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, it's holding water. Will keep a eye on it.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428192982.107778.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Air bubbles in the silicon? It'll be just fine as long as it isn't leaking.

So I have a similar question regarding bubbles in Silicon seal. I just bought a used 125 gallon aquarium and noticed bubbles trapped in the silicon. This appears throughout the sealing around the aquarium. I'm attaching some pictures for your review. Do I need to apply new silicon? The aquarium was manufactured in April 2014. The previous owner had the aquarium in use up until the day I bought it. The aquarium base did not show any trace of leaks either. I'm concerned about the long term impact of these trapped bubbles. If this is an issue I rather address it now when empty than when full with live stock.

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
IMG_6636.jpg
IMG_6637.jpg
IMG_6638.jpg
IMG_6639.jpg
IMG_6640.jpg

Back
Top Bottom