Used equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madmilkman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking to get into the aquarium hobby but don't want to make quick decisions. I want to do it right to start with. I have someone offering to sell me a 90 gal tank, a Rena filstar xp4 filter(I think is what its called) as well as a fluval heater for 175.00. I will have to get lights for it. He tells me its a deal I should not pass on. I was just wondering peoples opinions because I have never owned an aquarium before.

I have seen it in operation. I will have to build the stand. He has it inset in the wall

Thats an okay deal. If it had a light it would be a good deal. A cheap light for a big tank is around 75 bucks

He said he would throw in all the gravel and rocks too.

Those are cheap. Maybe 30 bucks total for rocks and gravel.

If you really wanna get into the hobby, look around and save your 175. There are much much better deals to be found

or talk him down to 125, that would be a much better deal. 90 gallon tanks are about 200 new, but as with any other thing in this world, the value drops tremendously when its used

Back
Top Bottom