Used Light Fixture Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captwnder

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking at buying a used light fixture on Craig's List (Current USA PowerCompact Satellite). I talked to the seller and she said that one of the LED's isn't working. Does anyone know if these bulbs are easily replaceable?

She is asking $40 for the fixture and I think it's the Single Satellite (waiting for pics to be sure). This is the 48" version by the way.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

I don't know if they are hard wired or have a plug type for each LED. It is pretty simple to replace if you are familiar with a soldering iron. I am guessing you have a fish only tank with the use of CF??

These can be repaired fairly easily ... about 30 minutes of time to pull apart the light and 30 to replace the led and reassemble the light ...I retroed a 40 dual and it took about 2 1/2 hours to test the equipment and relight the led bulbs as well as finishing it off ..I should say it was a 24 inch light that needed to be made a 20 inch light for my nano ...

I don't know if they are hard wired or have a plug type for each LED. It is pretty simple to replace if you are familiar with a soldering iron. I am guessing you have a fish only tank with the use of CF??

I currently have a T5HO on there. I just thought this might be a good deal. I was already looking at getting some Lunar Lights and this one has them built in.

I think I'll pick it up and try to find a replacement bulb. The soldering should be pretty easy.

Be sure to use a heat sink when you solder LED's.

Back
Top Bottom