Using a 36 inch light for a 75 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcolon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am so frustrated ... I bought a T8 Ultra Sun 6500K (32W)for the 48 inch fixture and it just flickers, cannot get it to work ... yet the FloraSun (32W) works fine.:banghead:

I am thinking of looking for a 36 inch T8 hood for the tank instead .. one that will work with the 36 inch Ultra Sun. I have some wisteria, Amazon Sword, and anarcharis. The reason for the 36 inch is because the tank is in a cut out in the wall and the sides of my current fixture just scratches up the walls and it's impossible sometimes to adjust.

Any feedback if a smaller fixture would negatively affect my plants ... maybe more the ones on the sides of the tank?

The only thing I can think of is that the bulbs are already shorter than the fixture itself, so plants on the end won't be getting as much light. This would be the problem no matter what unless you got a light that was longer than the tank itself. As long as the wattage and bulbs are the same (10000k) then you should be fine.

No worries ... In found the culprit ... I needed a new flourecent bulb starter
So.. For now, it's the same fixture with a new 6500k bulb.
Makes the tank look so much brighter.

Back
Top Bottom