Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-02-2011, 12:24 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco23

I'd recommend going with the Aqueon like Deckape has. Honestly, my Python sprays all over the place when I close the valve. A towel over the sink is mandatory, lol. The shutoff valve and where it connects to the tap is really cheap plastic.

I believe if you have high chloramines content you're supposed to add a double dose of Prime. I do have lots of chloramines in my water and I add about a cap and a half for my 48 gallon during each PWC.

Deckape, is that Aqueon holding together well? It doesn't spray like mine does it?
Not at all, thanks for staying on me until I finally caved in and got it!!! Its a lifesaver

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ml#post1456422
Deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:26 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherspawn
Yeah i generally double the prime. Leaves me with about .25 ammo for about half hour after the pwc until the bacteria removes it. Though I know the prime makes the ammo non toxic form.

How long is the hose on the python? I've got tanks in quite a few different rooms.. and does it attach to tubs and different sink types? Ie my kitchen sink has the removable hose attachment that gives out different spray types. And my bathroom is probably 50 feet away from the furthest tank.
Mine is 25ft. I got it for about $29 online from a place called William Tricker Water Gardens (sorry to any mods if I'm advertising...not familiar with the rules on that :-/ ). Remember the Prime doesn't remove the ammo, it binds with it but will still show the full amount until the BB consumes it like you said. It's basically a false positive as long as you've added the Prime (I think you already know this, sorry for repeating).

It'll attach to any threaded spigot. It may be an issue with your kitchen sprayer though...

eco23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #13

Yes I use prime and prime only.. go through about a bottle a month and swear by that stuff.. my first tank setup I used the stuff that came with it along with the "bacteria kit" that PETCO sold me. Had screwed up tests and water parameters for weeks.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:28 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Actually, after thinking about it...it'll work in the kitchen. You've just got to be careful when you remove the sprayer to not drop the hose part cause it'll retract back down under the sink and you've gotta fish it out.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:31 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

I'd recommend going with the Aqueon like Deckape has. Honestly, my Python sprays all over the place when I close the valve. A towel over the sink is mandatory, lol. The shutoff valve and where it connects to the tap is really cheap plastic.

I believe if you have high chloramines content you're supposed to add a double dose of Prime. I do have lots of chloramines in my water and I add about a cap and a half for my 48 gallon during each PWC.

Deckape, is that Aqueon holding together well? It doesn't spray like mine does it?
I don't have any leaks and use the bathroom sink as I have a fancy fancy kitchen faucet. It comes with an adapter for bathroom faucets. I paid..90 dollars at the petco for the 50 footer.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:31 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckape

Just use your water conditioner at the chloromine dosage for the entire capacity of your tank after turning off the filters and removing the amount of water you desire. They have shut off valves. I was suspicious too so I completely understand. There are no dumb questions oh by the way. If you aren't using prime, I recommend it because it detoxifys the ammonia left behind by the removing of the bonds of the chloromine. However it is still available to your bacteria to consume because after the chloromine bonds are broken then ammonia is the by product. It is worth it to use prime and water changers together.
Yeah I know this about questions and tell others the same.. but being a computer programmer I know how irritating questions repeated over and over can be haha. I think I've read more about fish and setups in the last month than I have in my entire life combined.. and its amazing how much conflicting information is out there.. so I tend to be aa little reduntant on the questions side. Thanks to those of you that take time out of your day to help others.. I'm just glad there are some things I can give back as well.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:32 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Yes I use prime and prime only.. go through about a bottle a month and swear by that stuff.. my first tank setup I used the stuff that came with it along with the "bacteria kit" that PETCO sold me. Had screwed up tests and water parameters for weeks.
Sorry I didn't know when I jumped on the soap box

Old 06-02-2011, 12:36 AM   #18

Fosters and smith has the Lee's ultimate brand?.. for $60 for the 50 footer.. any info on the brand and durability? Or the aqueon 50 footer is $50 with faucet attachement and flow valve
Old 06-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Fosters and smith has the Lee's ultimate brand?.. for $60 for the 50 footer.. any info on the brand and durability?
A friend of mine has a Marina (I think?) brand water changer. He said it's actually a company owned by Fluval. I think he paid a pretty penny for it, but he said it's all brass fittings and not cheap plastic like I've got on my Python. He loves it.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:49 AM   #20

Quote:

A friend of mine has a Marina (I think?) brand water changer. He said it's actually a company owned by Fluval. I think he paid a pretty penny for it, but he said it's all brass fittings and not cheap plastic like I've got on my Python. He loves it.
I guess the lees one has "metal faucet connections" for an extra 8 bucks.

Tags
python

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com