Using fx5 dual nozzle on fluval 406

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The dual heads for the fx5 would be too big for a 406 when attached surely? the flow youd get would be alittle to slow wouldnt it? Why do you want to add an fx5 out out of curiousity?

The dual heads are to big to slip into the 406 rubber, so that connector acts like a reducer. Molliwopp is correct, you do lose some pressure, so might work out for what you want to use it for.
You do know that you can control the flow with the 406 right?

Oh ok maybe I can just stretch and muscle the adapter/coupling on.

I don't want to reduce the amount of flow just the strength of the current coming out.

Not what I meant. The reducer will not reduce the flow, it's just to get it to slide into the 406 rubber. It's the huge openings on the dual heads that slow it down, the FX5 has way more output than the 406, that's why it works on the FX5 well.

Attachments

• image-2253285749.jpg
    image-2253285749.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 575
  • image-395634855.jpg
    image-395634855.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 263
Sorry if I wasn't clear my response was replying to your comment about controlling the flow on the 406.

Thanks for the pictures, gives a clearer idea of what it looks like compared to the pics online like from amazon.

Back
Top Bottom