Using Test Kits is Hard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rutrag

Aquarium Advice Addict
Let's face it. :ermm: All those test kits take up so much space in my stand and they're so hard to read. Who can remember what each parameter is supposed to be anyway? I just want to have an aquarium with lots and lots of beautiful fish and not have to worry about all that stuff. There's got be to be an easier way!

Well, now there is! :brows: Introducing the Easy Aquarium Test Kit from Goofus Pet Products, Extremely Limited. One test tube, one reagent, one card, and you know exactly what shape your water is in! What's more, you can post the results in easy to understand language for everyone on those aquarium bulletin boards! Order yours today!

41906-albums2185-picture18436.jpg

Please note that this test kit is currently only available to aquarists in North Korea and should not be taken seriously. (y) Goofus Pet Products, Extremely Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of ThatAintGonnaWork, Inc.

:D:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:;)

Using Test Kits

Hello R...

Funny take on the testing card. However, there is an alternative to tank testing. I may be "treading on thin ice" when I say this, but if you follow an aggressive water change routine, you don't have to test the water. Stable water conditions are quaranteed.

Yes, by removing and replacing a minimum of half the water in your tank every 6 to 7 days, testing the water perameters is not needed.

The reason is simple. By flushing large amounts of pure, treated water through your tank weekly, there is no time for pollutants to build up in the water. Any harmful, dissolved substances are removed before they can make your fish and plants sick.

B

Rutrag, thank for the laugh!

BB, I'm assuming you are talking about a FW tank. Even better would be a daily 10% water change. Simple and easy to do (depending on tank size) and helps keep water pristine. We used to keep gallon water jugs under a counter that aged for days before being used. Using 2-3 gallons in a 30 gallons we didn't need to temp match either, just use a very slow pour.

That regimen would hold up in a SW tank, but a 50% change is a bit extreme.

In either case, it's always a good idea to test the water on occasion just to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom