UV Inline vs Hangon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lifeoffroad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I want to get a UV filter and im wondering if anyone out there got an inline UV filter and regret not getting a hang on.

Lifeoffroad said:
So I want to get a UV filter and im wondering if anyone out there got an inline UV filter and regret not getting a hang on.

The problem with inline is the water moves too fast through the uv light it has little effect but my submersible has an internal pump with a spiral chamber that wraps around the uv bulb for maximum exposure and I find it very effective for certain applications such as green water what do you need it for?

ryan-peddle said:
The problem with inline is the water moves too fast through the uv light it has little effect but my submersible has an internal pump with a spiral chamber that wraps around the uv bulb for maximum exposure and I find it very effective for certain applications such as green water what do you need it for?

Im looking to reduce algae and the chance for parasites I was played by a nasty parasite and o know this isn't the cure but I have some amazon gift cards and o already have everything else for the tank. Well I plan to do plants so at some point I need co2.

Can't the inline be adjusted so the water moved slower. Well you can adjust the canister. I have a 205 for a 55 gallon. Its just used for bacteria filtration.

Lifeoffroad said:
Im looking to reduce algae and the chance for parasites I was played by a nasty parasite and o know this isn't the cure but I have some amazon gift cards and o already have everything else for the tank. Well I plan to do plants so at some point I need co2.

Can't the inline be adjusted so the water moved slower. Well you can adjust the canister. I have a 205 for a 55 gallon. Its just used for bacteria filtration.

It can but then you lose your gph but it's your choice

ryan-peddle said:
It can but then you lose your gph but it's your choice

True. Which one do you have? Do you like it? What size ia your tank?

UV filters definitely do help reducing the algae. I installed one and helped within weeks

Back
Top Bottom