Uv sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisb2011

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok just bought a vecton 2 uv sterilizer 600 litre for my 260 litre tank I was told this is the best one for my tank I just wanted to no how long till I see a difference as I have really bad gw I did a 60% water change before hand putting it in and now have left it running a few hours how long till it should clear up completely
Also as I have a Vicenza 260 Litre tank it was very awkward to fit it and I bought a new connection pipe for it which was about a meter long but I couldn't cut it down to size as the connections would be lost and what I had to connect it to wasn't Great in the first place so it wouldn't be water tight So I have connected it to the output part of my filter and have a long tube from the filter to the sterilizer then a short one from the sterilizer to the output part where the water comes out now this has lowered the power coming out of the output nozzle as the water isn't coming out as quick but it is still coming out a fair bit will this matter that the water isn't coming out as quickly as before Its still pumping quit a lot out just not as much I also have a small internal filter on the other side of the tank aswell

first of all, you posted this in the completely wrong place, it'll get moved to another section in a little while by a moderator. lets see:

so your question is whether or not it'll matter if there is less flow in the tank, due to how you have the sterilizer plumbed in. It shouldnt matter, but if you are concerned, you could get a powerhead, which would definitley help with the flow...

A powerhead is a pump that you stick to the side of your tank to help with the currents inside the tank. You can find them in almost every pet store. They have them on amazon and ebay for a good price as well.

Oh fantatsic I will go and look soon about them my tank has completely cleard up and looking fantastic again I will add a picture in a minute :)

That's a before and after

Attachments

• image-1251649526.jpg
    image-1251649526.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 153
  • image-3198118313.jpg
    image-3198118313.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 187
Very nice! And it keeps your tank sparkling clean from then on. :)

Wow that's all the proof I need for uv I have an 80 gall that looks like the before pic no matter how many vacs and pwc or how big the pwc this green water is hard to shake

Wow. Ours is slightly green but we havent been able to get it cleared. Def gonna look into the sterilizers. Thanks for the pics!

I got a UV when I first got my tank
I still had algal blooms
Then the bulb reached the end if it's very short useful life and I found out what it was going to cost to replace it
Now I try to figure out what I am doing that is causing my water to start to get cloudy and stop doing it before the algae gets ahead of me
By better managing the tank I am saving money on bulbs, saving money on electricity and am not pumping more heat into my already warm tank

Back
Top Bottom