UV sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kio707

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking for a UV sterilizer, anyone got a good suggestion of what brand to get and where to get it? This is the one I was looking at.

Check fosters and smith,,they have everything..That one you linked looks kinda chincy to me...

Not trying to spend a arm and leg for it. Tubing, extra pump, uv sterilizer... Adds up... Lol

Just remember the age-old adage ..you get what you pay for..Reviews on the one you linked don't look to promising ...I don't personally know anyone with the one you linked,but i know of a couple guys (another forum) that have the turbo-twist and they love it..Keeps their tanks crystal clear..

FTMMWS said:
Just remember the age-old adage ..you get what you pay for..Reviews on the one you linked don't look to promising ...I don't personally know anyone with the one you linked,but i know of a couple guys (another forum) that have the turbo-twist and they love it..Keeps their tanks crystal clear..

Yeah, true.

Going with the 18W. Is this the one y'all are recommending?

Turbo-Twist UV Sterilizers

Triple UV exposure for crystal clear water
dot_clear.gif

6X, 18 Watt (mfg #15601), CD-76419
$169.99

Yep,what size is your tank again ,150?Should work..I'm not a UV expert ,just going by what i have read from other guys with it...What size pump are you getting?...I also think you can run it in line with your return line(no extras needed then ),,which i think is the best way..

Yeah, 150g tank. The flow rate is only 110gph, so I gotta get a maxi pump. My return pump is like 1500gph, way to much.

Let me ask you, Why do you feel you need one? Are you having algea problems or parasite problems?

Parasite. I had ick and now the tank is empty, for about 3 weeks now. I'm getting a Tusk in about another 2 weeks and don't want any issues. I have a temp QT for the tusk when I get him. Just a extra precaution.

melosu58 said:
OK understood. Well that is a good UV. Good luck.

Thanks. So I know uv sterilizer won't kill the ich right away, but do u have one? Ever have any issues in ur DT after u got the uv?

Back
Top Bottom