Uv sterilizer suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sleeves

Aquarium Advice Activist
Getting ready to install a UV sterilizer on my 150 gal Mbuna tank. Any suggestions on which UV sterilizer to purchase?

Unless there's a specific reason that you need a UV sterilizer... I wouldn't bother. They don't give enough benefit in my mind to justify the cost of buying one. Good water parameters will do more for a tank than a UV sterilizer ever could.

That being said, UV sterilizers are rated for different things. Some are rated for killing algae (more specifically used against green water). Others that are slightly more powerful are for bacteria. Finally, the most powerful ones are for parasites. So in order to make a suggestion we need to know what you're hoping to fight against.

If you are trying to kill algae spores and green water I had good experience with the mean green killing machine. Its a pretty cost effective solution and I think it did have a slight affect on water clarity. Now I don't use one and achieve the same water clarity with good water care practices. Hope this helps!

It does help like an extra filter, and has kept my water clean but not the rocks just good for floating algae and bacteria .

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom