UV Sterilizers with Hang-on Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itafx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm intrigued by the possibility of achieving higher water clarity with UV sterilizers. But the vendors never seem to tell you anything about setting up. I get the uneasy feeling that most models are for use with canister filters or sump filters or things other than hang ons like the Emperor filters. Does anyone know a product that is an easy straightforward solution with Emperor filters?

I dont know of any way to attach it to your emporer. I would suggest a HOB type. You`ll just need a small pump to go in your tank to push the water through. I have a UV light but it is in my refuge return line.

melosu58 said:
I dont know of any way to attach it to your emporer. I would suggest a HOB type. You`ll just need a small pump to go in your tank to push the water through. I have a UV light but it is in my refuge return line.

Thanks! Do you know any HOB types. Also, I was thinking of getting a power head to squirt the water around down by the substrate and help get the tank cleaner, but I don't have any experience with this. Do you?

Back
Top Bottom