Veggie clips that don't break?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mama Karoti

Aquarium Advice Freak
I love using those little orange Nemo-looking veggie clips, but they are always breaking on me. Does anyone know of one that's a little sturdier?

About half the veggie clips I get break WHILE I'm opening the package lol or while I'm trying to put something in the clip for the first time. I've tried the orange ones, some blue ones, a few different kinds. Unfortunately, I don't think there exists a good sturdy veggie clip yet. I just turn on my soldering station, melt a bit of plastic and put the thing back together. I also have a couple "clips" made out of a couple small pieces of slate. I just sandwich some seaweed or a brine shrimp cube or something between the two pieces and strap them together with some wide polyester cord I have. Sits on the bottom and works pretty well. Sometimes I'll just put a chunk of cucumber or melon on a fork and toss the fork into the tank lol. With only cheap plastic clips really available to us, sometimes just getting creative with what you've got lying around is the only option :/

Might just be me though. I seem to have kinda awful luck with store bought aquarium stuff lol. Someone else might chime in that's had great success with a specific brand.

Back
Top Bottom