versa top?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stratmaster

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well it looks like with my 180 gallon tank I just bought did not come with lids. I didn't pick the tank up yet but my LFS called me today and told me it came in but it does not come with lids. So I was thinking would a versa top work well? I don't really want or have the interest for a canopy, I just wanna have a glass top and my power compact light to put over the tank.

Steve

If you want tops the versa tops do work well. Depending on your lighting setup theres 2 different versions of the versa top (basically one has a larger door, less room for lights, and the other a smaller door with more room for lights) so you'll need to choose which.

My preference, and many here, is to run open top - especially if this is a SW tank.

Yeah that's what I'm doing now, open top. it just seems like my stingray always wants to jump out all the time. Is there a chance he could? Also in the near future I would like to get a snowflake eel and I hear their devils to keep in the tank.

Steve

I prefer open top too, but i only have freshwater tanks. Glass tops caused me the same problem as alot of sw guys have, my ph plummeted. If carpet surfing is a concern, look in to a mesh top or egg crate

I actually realized heat may be an issue too. My room get real hot and on top of that my power compact light heats up to 200 degrees it seems like. Maybe I better stay open top after all. You can make a top out of egg crate you say?

Steve

Wow hey that IS really awesome! I think I might just do this once I pick up my tank and see it.

Steve

Oh and thanks for the link!

Back
Top Bottom