Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Via Aqua Titanium Heater 300w

I just got a Via Aqua Titanium heater over the weekend and it's showing my tank is 84 degrees - my glass thermometer says 77 degrees. I really don't think there is any way my tank is 84 degrees. Does anyone else have one of these that has a big difference? Is a 7 degree difference "normal" for this heater? Should I return it to petsolutions.com and get a new one?

Old 02-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hi I'm pretty new to this place but get lots of good advice great place anyways I also have that heater in my 65g swr tank and the temp difference I get is usually only a couple degrees I keep it set at 79f and my in tank thermometer may get to 81f I've had it about 10 months and never had any problems from it, it's been very consistent hope that helps a bit

Old 02-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #3

You should always trust the termometer, if not sure get another one
Old 02-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdub
I just got a Via Aqua Titanium heater over the weekend and it's showing my tank is 84 degrees - my glass thermometer says 77 degrees. I really don't think there is any way my tank is 84 degrees. Does anyone else have one of these that has a big difference? Is a 7 degree difference "normal" for this heater? Should I return it to petsolutions.com and get a new one?
I would return it. Sounds like it may be defective. Always trust the mercury thermometer
Old 02-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #5

Ok, so...I just called PetSolutions and was told I had to pay for shipping to return a defective item??? Anyone else had that experience with them?
Old 02-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #6

Just in case someone reads this...I spoke to another rep at PetSolutions who was very helpful and sent a replacement and prepaid label. I apparently spoke with their very unpleasant overflow call center when I called. PS remains excellent!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Just in case someone reads this...I spoke to another rep at PetSolutions who was very helpful and sent a replacement and prepaid label. I apparently spoke with their very unpleasant overflow call center when I called. PS remains excellent!
It always pays ta try a different person or in some cases ask for someone higher up, glad it worked out for ya
Old 02-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
It always pays to call again

Tags
eat, eater, heater, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com