video camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jim532

Aquarium Advice Activist
thanks to TCP/IP nad X10 technology I have complete control of my tank while traveling. But now I want to see whats happeing in the tank as well.
I'm looking for a submergable camera to be placed inside the tank.

right now hoodlights, LED lights, filters, air bubbbles, heater, are all controlled via X10 (www.x10.com) and a old PC, The Aqaurium and the PC and other related equipment are plugged into a UPS in case of power outage. I know its overkill but I'm gone 3 days a week most weeks and sometimes as much as 2 weeks at a time.

Instead of a submersible camera inside the tank why not a wireless internet video camera outside the tank. Linksys makes both Wireless-B and Wireless-G cameras that should do the trick. Take a look at www.linksys.com/products and see if you are interested.

yeah, i'd mount something right outside, and as long as the room lights are off, you won't get any reflection to interfere.

if the cameras inside, it'll get algae build up on the lens, or whatever it's encased in.

Back
Top Bottom