Visi-Therm heater problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Todd2

Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a new Visi-Therm Deluxe 50 watt heater for my 10g. The problem is that I set the thermostat thingy at 76 and the thermometer reads 73 :? Any suggestions on what to do?

i have only had maybe 2 heaters that were "right"..............just turn it up a little.

on the same note, a lot of thermometers are off a little. i have had 2 on the same tank before and found they varried a couple of degrees.

I agree, just turn it up, but do it gradually, and use a second thermometer to double check the calibration.

I have a Visi-therm 100 in a 29 gal FW, and it frequently is off by about 3 degrees. I've set it at 78, but digital thermometer readings consistantly show 81 degrees.

I had a Visi-therm 200 in my 30 gal FW and was generally off by 1 degree. My new Ebo Jager has so far been accurate to +/- .5 degree.

I've used visi-therms for 10+ years in a FW environment, they tend to be 2-3 degrees off.
Turn the temp up slowly & double check it with a thermometer.

Good luck!

What kind of thermometer do you use? where in relation to the heater is it How do you have the heater positioned? What kind of water flow do you have around the heater?

While its not uncommon for heaters to be off a little the placement of the heater or even the placement of the thermometer or even type of themomoter can affect the readings also.

Back
Top Bottom