Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-06-2004, 02:27 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
vistherm stealth experiences?

I was surfing drs foster smith and noticed the visitherm stealth. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience good/bad re: this heater, and what they think of it in general.

I'm always afraid that I'm going to forget to shut off my heater when doing a water change. ..

smilla4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:47 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Hi smilla4 -- haven't "seen" you for awhile!

I have not heard of this heater so I went to the website. I would be interested in hearing some opinions about it too. One thing I noticed was that the Stealth 25-watt heater seems bigger than the Visi-Therm Deluxe 25-watt. The Stealth chart said it's about 8 inches long and tank size is 8 gallons. My Visi-Therm Deluxe 25-watt is 6 inches long and for a 5 gallon tank. I wonder if the other wattages are bigger than their Visi-Therm Deluxe counterparts. It is a good-looking heater! If you're worried about forgetting to unplug a heater at water-changing time, it seems like this heater will be the one for you. I wouldn't be hesitant to try it. I like my Visi-Therm Deluxe and I think this is a good brand.

An t-iasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:08 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
I was wondering this exact same thing. I found the Visi-Therm on Foster & Smith and it looked good. Anyone else have suggestions on this....or any other submersible? Thanks!
3 long-finned zebra danios
4 long-finned leopard danios
6 neon tetras
2 silver tip tetras
1 red tailed black shark
5 red phantom tetras

45 gallon mirror back
20W flourescent light
2 Aquaclear 200 filters
1 300W visitherm sub heater
Decorations: Castle ruins with matching archway
Plastic plants: 2 x-tall, 3 medium, 3 short, 4 x-short
Blue gravel - large pebbles
Ginafish is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com