Vita-Chem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwatersmac

Aquarium Advice Activist
I picked up some of it yesterday and had some questions for those that use this.
After you open it do you have to refrigerate it?

Also how do you put it in the food? Just a few drops before you feed or soak overnight?

TIA
Stephen

I do not refrigerate it. I put a few drops over the food and let is soak (along with selcon and garlic extreme) for an hour or so before feeding the tank.

Thanks Lando. You're saying you can use selcon and vita-chem together. I kinda thought they were close to the same thing.

I use both. Selcon is much higher in concentrated [acronym="Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acid"]HUFA[/acronym]. Vita-chem is a well-rounded vitamin suppliment. Like I said, I also put in a few drops of Kent's Garlic Extreme. Ussually twice a week, when I thaw the froozen food and feed.

I guess I will be getting some Selcon and Garlic Extreme also. I was just wanting to be sure my fish will be getting what they need. Right now I only have a maroon clown but will have others soon. Is this the same combo you use for most fish? I hope to get another tang which my previous ones didn't get the proper diet I guess. I suppose you do the same soak on some algae sheets for the tang?

I suppose you do the same soak on some algae sheets for the tang?
I actually do not soak the nori sheets in this. Just the frozen krill, mysis, reef completed and cyclop-eeze I feed. It is a well balanced diet for most fish.

Back
Top Bottom