Vivagrow RGB LED light (Finnex clone?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SumthingsFishy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wondering if anybody thinks this is a pretty much 1:1 clone of the Finnex Planted + RGB? They both have 7k Multi color RGB to promote plant growth and the remote controls look awfully similar. Not to mention the actual light itself! Im pretty sure this is an (almost) exact clone for a substantially better price. I just want a confirmation from others on this.

Here is the link to the Amazon clone Amazon.com : VivaGrow DN RGB LED Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant 24/7 Remote Automation (90cm - 36") : Pet Supplies

Another note- Im checking on this bc i just purchased a 50g tall and want to fit it with this light! Its 36" long so perfect length. Can't wait to create a thread to show the progress of this tank!

Interesting, looks to be exactly that! For $75 I may just try one on my 75. They did the same thing with the ray 2. Apparently the factories in China keep no exclusivity agreements. Only reason I'd be apprehensive is the warranty situation with this knock off. Whether or not it's been documented there has been issues with the 24/7. My first one almost caught fire. Remote issues.. i wouldn't buy one without a warranty in place. Amazon is pretty good about returns so as long as they stand behind it than it should be a safe try.
Edit- seems topdogsellers would be the warratier in question.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm quoting this from the actual page for the item: "Important Information
Seller Warranty Description : 30 Day Returns and 90 Day Parts and Labor from date of purchase. No refunds after 30 days. Return shipping is the Buyer's responsibility" so looks like you have two months to decide if this was really worth it or not. I think I'll try my luck.

I'm in too!
Edit- no amazon prime, 2 day is wayyyy to.much... now I wait:(

Last edited:
Nice find there! Great price. If anyone does purchase one, please start a thread so that we can follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I pulled the trigger on a 48" for this tank. Currently has 2-24" planted plus. I really like the spectrum choices on the 24 7 over planted plus. I like getting that magenta going. Make the colors go pop pop pop

Attachments

• 1459466893319.jpg
    1459466893319.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 338
I pulled the trigger on a 48" for this tank. Currently has 2-24" planted plus. I really like the spectrum choices on the 24 7 over planted plus. I like getting that magenta going. Make the colors go pop pop pop

Great tank! Post a reply in here with pics of the light when it arrives, would love to know how the quality is and if it checks out!

Well that did not take long. Will you be running it in 24/7 mode or with custom colors? Hopefully you won't experience any issues with the remote or IR receiver.

I'll run 24/7 mode on this tank at first. Someone else suggested possible re branded finnex returns?? I'd tend to think they're just factory overages?? We Shall seeeee.
I can even see if remotes work with each other muhhahahah

I think someone who had a pair of 24/7s said that when the power button was pressed, one unit powered on and the other powered off. Eek.
I did not buy a 24/7 because of the 24/7 mode but it has been working great in my shrimp tank. It's in the bedroom so the gradual light changes are welcome. No sudden ON or OFF.
Hope this unit can do the same for your tank.
Surpluses perhaps. Or a common provider.

You have tanks in the bedroom?!?!?! Man... new house doesn't even have a tv in there. The noise machine and occasional cat showdown is it..

You have tanks in the bedroom?!?!?! Man... new house doesn't even have a tv in there. The noise machine and occasional cat showdown is it..

Just one. Not everyone has a fish room. ??? The other tank is in the home office. Maybe in my next house there will be a room with a concrete/tile floor with a sink or at least a floor drain.
The 24/7 mode is like a giant night light.
That vendor had historically sold fluorescents for dirt cheap. I suppose it was a matter of time. If these prove to be as good as the the originals, then you've got a super deal there.

Got mine the other day. Had some issues the first day, similar to issues I experienced with the finnex actually. It's up and running fine now. Def not as powerful as the finnex but same basic song and dance.

My problem with the 24/7 was the IR sensor. It was returned and swapped. I imagine issues with the 24/7 would be present with the Vivagrow.

Back
Top Bottom