Walmart Tank (kit) lightbulb broke...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackiee

Aquarium Advice Regular
in my 29 gallon aquarium, so my fish are now living off my desk lamp for a day or so. I called Walmart and asked if I could get it replaced, and they said they weren't sure and just to stop in the store and see.

Question is....should I throw out the broken bulb entirely and get a better bulb from Petco/Petsmart? Thanks.

Short answer, sure.

I assume it's an 18 or 24" flourescent (the number on the end might be handy to bring with you (write it down, don't stick a piece of broken glass in your pocket))

It will often say something like F15T8 Which is a 15W T8 bulb or something similar. if you are unsure of the length, measure the space in the fixture and find one that measures the same.

AquaGlo are a nice bulb that are low cost.

light isnt really needed except for plants and you watching. ive never seen a 29 gallon with an incandescent fixture so.. i usually get my bulbs from like menards or home depot. around 7$.

Really? I've heard that fish need light every day like people do, and turned off at night.

Jackiee said:
Really? I've heard that fish need light every day like people do, and turned off at night.

You are correct. Krap101 meant a lot of light isn't needed unless you keep plants.
Fish do still need a day/night cycle.

Honestly, all WalMart fish equipment is junk. The only thing I buy at walmart are fish nets and airline tubing...which means I don't really buy anything there ;)

Wal-Mart is the undiscribably most ruthless hornswagaling department store(next to sears that is)that I know of as I am in small buissness and haft to deal with trying fix the junk they sell every day. :evil:

Thanks for everyone's fast replies!

It turned out to be the whole hood that was a piece of junk, so they replaced it free of charge. But, I'm going to get a better hood at Petsmart sometime soon.

i think i went to petsmart and the hood for a 29 gallon was 30-40$. for 65 you get the 29 gallon and a hood?

Back
Top Bottom