Walmart's $1000-2000 filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johny

Aquarium Advice Freak
Did I just go crazy, or does Walmart (and most likely other places) sell a filter that costs $1000-2000?

Walmart.com: Bio-Fil Wet/Dry Complete Aquarium Filtration System: Fish

I was looking through their stuff online, just curious what they sell, and came across this. I have never heard of Bio-fil by plumbtree before. Anyone know anything about them? A simple google search only came up with places selling it. I have no intention of EVER spending that much on a single filter, but am curious how they can justify that price.

It's nice... But I've never seen in before. Would be much easier to just build. There is no justification for that price though.

It's not from Walmart... they're kind of doing what Amazon does by hosting it on their site, though they have nothing to do with the company that sells it (from my understanding). That said, that's a bit extreme on the price... you could build one for a fraction of that.

yeah it was mostly the price that caught my attention. If I was going to spend that much on a filter it had better filter a pool sized aquarium. I also think its ridiculous that Walmart thinks anyone looking to spend that much money on a filter would be perusing their website. Oh well...

In it's defense, it does come with a Little Giant Pump, a Fathom Venturi Protein Skimmer, Bio-Pin balls, a drip tray, plumbing, and fittings... not sure on some of those, but little giant pumps are expensive... but, it still does seem a bit expensive.

Back
Top Bottom