Want to upgrade to LED, Will this be a good fixture?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e_murray

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello Everyone!

I found this fixture on fishneedit.com, I have read a lot about getting their T5's so I think they should be pretty decent.

I want to get these LED's because of the price, they are affordable.
LED FIxture

One fixture is supposed to be the same as one 150W Metal Halide.

I was thinking of getting 2 for my 100 g. Its 5 ft long.

Will that be enough Light? I currently have old T12's running.. my Zenia is doing really good, but it likes low light from what I have read.

You could do 2 and get some great low-med-high light areas for a nice mixed reef.

If you know about PAR they have a few youtube videos showing some readings with a PAR meter, not too bad IMO

Cool, I am new to all this, have read a lot about PAR and LUX but I'm sure that more people understand it better than me. I just didnt want to waste money, If Im going to drop 700 bucks for 2 of these I want them to be good enough for my tank.

If you want a good mixed reef then go ahead, if you're looking for higher-light/SPS dominated I'd consider looking at another fixture

I really like a lot of the LPS stuff, I don't know why but I am just not into the hard stony stuff.

What other recommendations would you make? Others have suggested ecoxotic led modules and AI Sol, But they are way to expensive in my opinion.

The ecoxotics would be good for a nano, unless we're talking the huge panorama fixtures, in which case I wouldn't recommend.

AI Sols are great, but agreed they are pricey, you could get away with 2 of those also, and they are of a much higher quality with tons of extra features. They're also much more powerful

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom