Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-05-2004, 04:23 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

So i went to the lfs to buy a new filter and the lady there showed me how to take the propeller out and clean everything on my filter. It didnt work. They have whisper filters at wallmart for 20 bucks for a 10-15 gal tank. Im thinking of getting one of these (if a new propeller doesnt do the trick). Also, I saw that they have internal aquatech filters for 17 dollars for a 2-5 gallon tank. These could fit in a betta tank quite nicely.......and then I can go out and get that pretty yellow betta ive been eyeing. Hahah, man Im an addict.

Anyways, is the whisper a good filter or is cheap and crappy?

Old 11-06-2004, 02:06 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I like the Marineland 125 with biowheel for my tanks in the 10 to 20 gal range. You can get them from bigalsonline for around $20

Old 11-06-2004, 04:31 PM   #13
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarloves
So i went to the lfs to buy a new filter and the lady there showed me how to take the propeller out and clean everything on my filter. It didnt work. They have whisper filters at wallmart for 20 bucks for a 10-15 gal tank. Im thinking of getting one of these (if a new propeller doesnt do the trick).
What you probably need is not a new impeller, but the metal shaft that it goes on.
www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Toirtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 09:37 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
They have whisper filters at wallmart for 20 bucks for a 10-15 gal tank. Im thinking of getting one of these
I have a hob whisper that I have had running in my 10 gallon for about 5 years. It is very quiet and I haven't had any trouble with it. *knock on wood*

verucaproduce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
filter

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com