Water Changer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian086

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi. I am trying to build my own Aqueon Water Changer. It's not available in the UK or Ireland so, as usual, I have to import. The weight of the 50' hose is pushing the shipping price up. I can source the faucet end but can't seem to find the other end. Anyone know where I could get the siphon part that goes into the tank. Is there anywhere that sell Aqueon spare parts??. Thanks, Ian

Just buy a regular aquarium vacuum and attach a hose connector to it. It will then attach to a garden hose.

Attachments

• image-4242350118.jpg
    image-4242350118.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 72
Just buy a regular aquarium vacuum and attach a hose connector to it. It will then attach to a garden hose.
I thought about that. It would work for me as I kinda have that set-up already. I have a length of garden hose attached to my water vac. It's the refilling from the tap that I can't do with it. I throw the hose out the front window of my house when draining and the tap(sink) I use is at the back of the house. I would have to wrap up the hose and move it through the house and attach it to the sink tap. I know it sounds lazy but I'm sick of carrying big water containers. My back is tired of it too...haha. I can get the tap(faucet) part of the Aqueon very cheap, so I thought I could build the rest fairly cheap, have the g.hose already.....

Back
Top Bottom