Water changers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah it defiantly doesn't unscrew pain in the ars.... Tried everything!! This is so frustrating. Well... The wife wanted a new faucet so... A happy wife = a happy life for me. But you can take this to bank. The plumber will be here today or at least know what I wanna do and get here ASAP.

He will be getting a phone call at around 8:30am. LoL I wonder what he's gonna think after this conversation.

I would be looking at the spigot in the bathtub, which is a much better option than draining to a sink (because it is lower). These water changers waste a lot of water, but if you are lower than the tank you can use the tap to fill the hose and/or start the siphon and allow it to drain with the tap turned off.
I certainly wouldn't be changing the faucet to accommodate a water changer, especially if I had to hire a plumber. You would probably need a more basic type of faucet for it to work.

Last edited:
Plumber is a good friend. No charge. Coming today just to see what can be done. I checked the tub and bathroom sink no good. Wifey wanted brand new crazy fixtures. The bathroom one looks like a water fall!! I dunno, I just go with the flow. Married guys will understand. She wanted it. Trade off? I got my 55g. I have 2 spare spots on my sink that are plugged. My buddy said we can just add a small cheap old school faucet that can tie into the water changer. This way it doesn't stand out so much and of course it has to color match(wife again) he's coming around noon. Plus I'll have it if I ever get my 100g one day I'm sure I'll be happy I did it.

They hook up to standard faucets, not the new fangled ones that most of us cannot afford or don't waste our money on.

When we redid our bathroom this spring, we purposely brought our adapter to the store with us when we picked out the faucet. If it wasn't water-changer-friendly, we couldn't consider it.

We got adapters from kensfish.com. Whatever we originally got when we switched from Python to Aqueon didn't fit.

Plumber took all adapters and tomorrow is gonna get all the needed supplies. Should be up and running by tomorrow. He suggested putting the adapter under the sink and tap into the drain underneath so you don't see it on the sink. He would hook it up so it runs with both hot and cold water. Sounds like a plan to me.

Sounds like an excellent plan except for one small hitch.

When the python/aqueon is hooked up to the sink, it sprays water everywhere. That's the way the adapter is meant to work.

I presume he's hooking up something watertight....

Yes he is. He said he didn't when he had tanks (I never knew he was into fish, he has 3 SW and 2 FW)

Anyway he said **** take care of it and it will work just fine now worries. I trust him. My wife? Yeah... She thinks I'm crazy. She's like really?! Your turning my sink into fish water dump tank. I did say sorry though as I shook the plumbers hand :)

She's like really?! Your turning my sink into fish water dump tank.

I have to admit, the thought of that water going into my kitchen sink doesn't thrill me, so I get her point. Somehow, it's not so bad going down the bathroom sink drain. :ermm:

I may have to go that route she really doesn't like this idea. Oh well... Ya win some and ya lose some. Not a battle I wanna fight.

No, Stinks but were getting hammered by snow here and I had to into work. Wires down, trees on houses it crazy out here! Well... I'm in my chiefs truck but....

He's gonna come Monday.

FYI I started a thread about my fish in cycle if anyone has input I'd appreciate it. It's in the Cichlid section.

Be safe everyone!

View attachment 58574

Back
Top Bottom