For me, it was not bad at all.
Thank goodness. I have actually had wiring related shocks on 110V 20 amp circuits. That's how I discoverd the fact that two circuits can share the same nuetral? wire, and the unbalanced? load can be, well, unbalancing
Ouch. The old construction had been wired goofy, so even turning off the breaker for the light I was working on didn't protect me, since the nuetral wire was common with another circuit that was still on. I had to turn off all the breakers to be sure since I didn't have a meter. Now I test the wires with a meter rather than my fingers!
This topic came up once before, and very few people had experienced even minor aquarium related shocks, let alone bigger ones. I"ve never even had a tingle with the aquarium.
Glad you didn't get bitten.