Water Conditioners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Water Conditioner do you use?

• Seachem Safe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seachem Prime

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • API Stress Coat

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • API Tap Water Conditioner

• Top Fin Tap Water De-chlorinator

• Top Fin Water Conditioner

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Tetra EasyBalance Water Conditioner

• Tetra AquaSafe Plus Water Conditioner

• Tetra AquaSafe Plus

• NutraFin Aqua Plus Tap Water Conditioner

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Aqueon Water Conditioner

• Dont Use Water Conditioner

• Total voters

Bschowa

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, so im looking into possibly changing my water conditioner and i thought that i would get an idea of what everyone else uses!

i am also looking to find a place that sells it in bulk because i am sure that is much better than going and getting 250ml at a time at the store.

i started a poll on which one you use and if you want to comment below on why you choose that particular one that would be great!

I use Prime, one bottle lasts forever. It's a great product and cost effective, in my opinion.

I'm currently using Stress Coat but I am switching to Prime once my Stress coat bottle is done in about 2 weeks.

I've changed to prime recently after reading loads on here. A bit more expensive but a tiny amount needed so well worth the investment IMO :)

I use a solution made from sodium thiosulfate crystals. A pound of that stuff is only a few bucks and it treats tens of thousands of gallons easily, it's by far the cheapest method of dechlorination. It doesn't do anything to neutralize heavy metals, but heavy metals aren't an issue here (if they were i'd be more concerned about the people-use of the tap rather than the fish, lol).

I also keep a small bottle of prime handy to use in shipping bags or in the event that a tank goes into a minicycle.

I bought one gallon of stress coat. It's good and does its job well. It will last me another year. I'll get prime for my next gallon. They're all the same to me.

Back
Top Bottom