water control valve open or closed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scoylesays

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Quick question there is a water control valve that can be opened or closed that connects to my water pump. The valve is towards the top of the aquarium. If it's opened it exposes some holes where water can be sucked through. Should this valve be closed so water can only be sucked from the bottom or open. If open should it be open all the way or only part way. Thanks.

Are you talking on the penguin bio wheel? It just depends where you want the water to be sucked from and how much flow you want.

it's the gray lever on the right

Attachments

• P1010513 (1000x750).jpg
    P1010513 (1000x750).jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 273
Are you talking on the penguin bio wheel? It just depends where you want the water to be sucked from and how much flow you want.
yes on the biowheel. i normally keep the lever closed but i have no idea if that's right or the best way to keep it.

I keep mine closed on one tank and open on another. I only closed it on my community tank because I was afraid little fish and flowy fins might get sucked in, seeing as the holes are a little wider than the ones on the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom