Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-27-2005, 11:41 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Water Flow Help

Hi guys

In another thread i asked about an askoll pump and got no response(which i figured because i can't find anything on the internet about it )and i got a replacenment pump that looks the exact same and fits all the connections perfect, the only problem is that it is not quite as powerful.

I have a 200 gallon tank and this pump is used for my return pump from my sump,it is rated for 935 gph but i also have another pump in the tank which runs as a powerhead type pump with 3 outlets.

the pump i got is a aquaclear 901 but anyway i emailed Hagen and the pump they say that i need to replace my askoll(which hagen bought out)is an aquaclear 5000(which is not made anymore and seems only a little more powerful)

Since i have no idea about water flow does it seem like these 2 pumps i am using is OK

BTW its a fowlr tank

bigggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am having the same problem.I have a askoll powerhead pj 7000 and it needs a new propeller magnet stick or whatever it's called(holds them together).I can't seem to find where to get this replacement.But thank you for the info,I'll contact hagen
Chrismas is offline   Reply With Quote

flow, water flow

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com