Water Level in Sump for Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PK Tester

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How high does the water level need to be in my sump for my protein skimmer?

Im pretty sure I need to raise it, but Im not sure how to raise the water level in the sump.

Lower the overflow box, raises the sump level, BUT drops the tank water level.

depends on your skimmer,to raise sump level just put more water in it,mark the new level with a permanent marker pen and keep topping up with ro/di water when evaporation occurs

What brand/model skimmer is it? Most run best in 7"-10" of water.

To raise the water level in your sump, just add more saltwater to your system.

I am using an Odyessa, and right now the sump has about 6 inches of water in it, Im going to add some more water here soon.

I believe it is working, I have the water level about one inch below the cone/collection club, and I've got quite a few bubbles in the water. It wont produce foam until after the break in period? Right?

It normally takes a week or two for a skimmer to break in and start producing skimmate. However, it should be prodcuing a good stream of tiny air bubbles.

I have a ton of tiny bubbles in there, no skimate yet though. I've got the sump at an acceptable level now, and yes I have measured it, and have had no overflow if that is what were are going for?

Back
Top Bottom