Water Marks Removal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i will never use a XP3 after watching that video LOL.. i have a fruval 305.. so much easier to use... and it has check valves on each hose to help you kill the water without allowing it to flow all over the place... look into the fruval before teh xp3.....ew.

When you lift the handle on the xp it shuts off the water flow. I dont understand the flow all over the place statement?

Went for the Fluval 405

Hi, just to let you know, I went for the Fluval 405 in the end. Setting it up was easy, I had a bit of trouble connecting the RENA Heater to the filter, but soon got that sorted.

It took 45 minutes setting the filter up, and then 5 hours cleaning the sand.
icon10.gif

The priming is a bit tedious on the 405, looking at the instructional video, they made it look like 30 seconds of pumping and you'll be away. It was still pushing air out after 10 minutes of pumping.
Anyway, its working fine now, although the tank looks a little empty. I'll have to get a couple of plants over the weekend so it don't look so bare during its cycle.

Matt.

Thats wierd that you had trouble priming it... mine were all as simple as giving it a few pumps and then the water just siphoned down and pushed all the air out... Maybe its because i have my outlets all at the top of the water and you didnt?

Ah, yes maybe. I got my RENA heater connected to my tank outlet/ filter inlet pipe. The vents on the heater are a couple of inches above the sand, so I was pumping water from the bottom of the tank, up through the heater which probably didn't help.

Matt.

Back
Top Bottom