Water pump help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

protectingtheus

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I have a 90 gallon saltwater tank. I'm trying to find a pump that I can hook 2 hoses to. One to suck the junk out of the tank and the other to release the water into a garbage can. Having a single hose to seiffen the water out manually is no fun. Any thoughts?

Thanks. So the pump motor/filter won't be impacted by any junk in the tank? Also, will it suck up my crushed coral base? And the final, if I change to a sand base, will it suck up all that too? Sorry for all the questions. Just want to make sure I don't spend $40 and then think of everything after.

Thanks. So the pump motor/filter won't be impacted by any junk in the tank? Also, will it suck up my crushed coral base? And the final, if I change to a sand base, will it suck up all that too? Sorry for all the questions. Just want to make sure I don't spend $40 and then think of everything after.

Uhmm, no, those and most pumps will jam if they suck up debris.
I assumed you simply meant for changing water, not for sucking out sand and stuff.
If you need one that can handle debris and gravel there is this one, a Sicce Dirty Water pump that will allow junk to pass through;
Aquarium Water Pumps : Amazon.com: Sicce SyncraDW 2.0 Dirty Water Pump, 568gph

You got it right. I don't want it to suck up my coral or sand if I go that route, so this helped tremendously. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom