Waterpump!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeyGGGG

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alright soooooooooo I was just wondering what is the best brand named water pump to use in a freshwater sump as a return pump help would of course be helpful:)

I'm sure you'll alot of opinions here but all three of my freshwater sumps are run off Quiet One pumps from the 6000-9000 models. Ive used Mag's in the past with good success but the Quiet's do run almost silent and the due to the location of the tanks that was important.

Thanks for the suggestions do you know if petsmart carries one of the brands you mentioned?

Thanks for the suggestions do you know if petsmart carries one of the brands you mentioned?

I have only seen two models of the Quiet One's at Petsmart are they were the 1200&2200 models which are way to small for my applications. How much water are you looking to turn?

Not really sure it's for a 35 gallon sump and a 55 gallon DT

Alright soooooooooo I was just wondering what is the best brand named water pump to use in a freshwater sump as a return pump help would of course be helpful:)

I've used the Mag-Drive pump. I believe it was a MD7. Used it to pump water from my 55 gallon aging barrell to my 55 gallon Discus tank (pumped through about 50 feet of 1/2" hose). Worked great. No experience with the Quiet One pumps but I've never heard anything bad about them. So I would say you can't go wrong with either brands.

Dennis

Back
Top Bottom