watts per gallon for anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sacalaitman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
what is the minimum watts per gallon i would need for keeping an anemone in my 55 gallon tank. also, would pc lighting work well or what do you recommend?

Metal halide is really the best for the anemone and we would need to know how deep your tank is ? Also the anemone will move around until it finds a nice place it likes. I have a 400w on my 65 deep tank. so probably somewhere in a 250 to 400 range. just post the dimension of your tank that will help with recomendations.

The first question is to ask yourself what species of anemone you would like to keep. They do have different lighting requirements. If you are thinking of CF, 4x65 watt or 4x96watt would be okay for a BTA. Something like a LTA for example likes to settle at the bottom of the tank so MH lighting is prefered for it's penetration power.

For a 55 gallon I would go with 2x250 14k MH. You could keep anything you wanted with this setup. I have a small LTA that likes to hangout with its foot burried in a hole that my pistol shrimp dug up.

i'm not sure of the depth right off, but its a 55gal deep. i'm guessing its about 20something inches deep and only 12 inches wide by 48 inches long.

Back
Top Bottom