Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideybry View Post
lol no problem man. At some point give then a shot, for now like you said, it isn't too inportant. Some bulbs can go a long way, then you get other bulbs and you're like wow.

I think I am going down to Atl, any stores you recommend?
Lot of really nice ones but of course the prices reflect that. LOL One of the nicest is Pure Reef which is in Alpharetta. I am using Imagine Ocean whenever possible because it is a small shop with a passionate owner who is struggling to keep the place open. I am sure there are tons of others but I am north of the ATL so I hit the ones up here. If you want, go to Atlanta Reef Club and sign in as a guest. They have a map of all the LFS I think which would help you find something near where you are going to be.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:49 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh and by the way, my brother in law is from Philly. I loved rubbing in last weeks game. hehehehehe

Old 10-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Finished the DIY fixture and fired it up over the weekend. What few corals I have seemed to perch up immediately. Here is a link to my build thread (such as it is) with a few pictures.

Rich's DIY T5HO 6 Lamp
Old 10-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Regular

i have a wavepoint 48" 4 bulb fixture. it does run a little hot but other than that i love it. it has wavepoint bulbs in it and am amazed with the color. though it is my first and only t5 fixture.

i do have one burned out bulb, does anyone have any reccomendations as to where i can buy the bulbs at the best price?

i am also using it for african cichlids ( mbuna ) does anyone have any recomendations on bulbs?

i think they look amazing under the wavepoint bulbs but as always i want more

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com