Weight supported on canopy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinkprincess

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been a lurker here for awhile and would like to start off with saying hello to everyone and thank you for all the great information. I'm learning a lot here!

I'm in the process of a fishless cycle for my 25g tank, and hopefully I will be able to add fish by the end of the month!

Here is my question:
I have a kitten (she's about 5 lbs now but may get bigger as she gets older). KoKo likes to jump on top of the canopy and lie there. I have a 25g WaterHome (30" x 12" x 16" H) kit that came with the canopy/light. I was wondering if that canopy is ok for her weight or should I be at all concern? I've been trying to keep her off but I can't watch her when I'm at work. I'm just worried the canopy will collapse with her on it, electrocuting her :(

My kitten does that. I would be concerned, those lights have electricity running through them......
I would try to discourage the behavior. I have the T5 Nove Extremes and the plastic legs seem somewhat flimsy.
Now, for a canopy, you might be ok, as ReefRaff says.

WELCOME TO AA!!!

Props for doing the fishless cycle!

Back
Top Bottom