Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

What are inside dimensions of 20g Long?

Looking for inside dimensions of 20g long. Misplaced my measurements and now filled with saltwater. Need this as I am potentially modifying some plumbing and want to be able to more accurately measure how much water falls back into the sump when power is out.

Thanks!

Old 10-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Should be roughly 29 1/2" x 11 3/4". You should be able to get a more accurate idea on your own by measuring between the glass panels from the outside of the tank. You should be able to see where the glass panes but up against each other.

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Wy Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wy Renegade View Post
Should be roughly 29 1/2" x 11 3/4". You should be able to get a more accurate idea on your own by measuring between the glass panels from the outside of the tank. You should be able to see where the glass panes but up against each other.
That's the estimate I started to use. If I pull the sump, I'll take the inside measure but this number is ringing true to me.

I've always found it curious that the manufacturer's don't post that somewhere but maybe I just drill down deep enough.

Thanks!

Tags
20 gallon, dim, long

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com