What are the best T5 bulbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tintar17

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need to change out my t5 bulbs and was wondering what brand is the best to get?

Good morning tin...

If you're talking price and have low light, low tech tanks, then you can't beat the local Lowe's. I have several 55 G tanks and last time I checked, you could get a package of three bulbs for around $10.00. These are 32 watt, 6500 K, T5s. I switch out the bulbs about every 8 months.

The Java fern, Anubias, Crypts, Sinagpore moss, Pennywort, Dwarf Hygro and Onion plant really like this bulb. There are some other plants that like it too, but I can't recall their names.

B

the 48" bulbs at lowes are t8's. I don't think they carry t5s, at least not t5ho's. There are lots of online options, but you could call around to the local stores first. The best reviews i've seen have been for planted tank bulb is geissman.

Lighting Question

Hi jeta...

You're likely right. I really didn't take a ruler to it to check the diameter. Sorry, if I gave out inaccurate information, my bad.

Anyway, they'd still work in the strip light, just spread the light over a little larger area, though admitedly not as bright.

B

Back
Top Bottom