What are your thought on this test kit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Huro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok guys so it is time for me to update my test kits and I came across the Nutrafin Master test kit and am considering it as a possible candidate. What are you thoughts, opinions, suggestions. Is this a decent test kit or is there something better?, my current was the API master kit . Thanks NutraFin Master Aquarium Test Kit at PETCO

Last edited:
Sorry about that Dragon just realized I forgot to include this will original post :banghead: . My primary tank is freshwater but I will be adding a marine tank soon.

Ok I was reading through some saltwater threads and noticed Sniperhank mention Hanna testers what are your thoughts on these for freshwater, did not see a Nitrate tester?

i'm going to draw a lot of heat by saying this but it is my personal experience as i have both 65gal planted tank and a reef tank: as long as your tank is cycled and you keep up with the water changes (once a week - once every two weeks) and proper maintenance, a test kit for freshwater isn't as important. test kit for saltwater is a different story since you're dealing with more elements such as alk and calcium. i can't remember the last time i checked my parameters for the planted tanks and my fishes are fat as heck, so i'm guessing everything in my tank is good.

Hanna Testers are good, just like the Red Sea test kits. but it's more aiming toward saltwater as well based of my past experience and what i was able to gather from other hobbyists.

if you really need a test kit for your freshwater tank, a regular API test kit would be sufficient. some argue that they're not accurate or as accurate as other top brands, but my test kit has yet to fail to notify any significant changes in my freshwater parameters.

there, i let the cat of the box and i'm sure i'm going to get beat up by someone for saying what i said.

Hanna testers are for sw only, they don't work with fw. API is fine for fresh

Back
Top Bottom