What did I break? Fluval 305 not pumping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanR

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just opened up and cleaned my fluval 305 filter... put it all back together, filled it with water, put the lid back on, connected the lines and I have no water coming out when I plug it in. It makes the normal pumping sound etc but I have no water coming out or just a trickle. If I prime the pump, you see a bit coming out the output, but it never seems to kick in to flowing. Going to take it apart again and clean the hoses, but something is screwy. Any idea what could be doing this?

Thanks!
Dan

Ugh nevermind.. still a newbie so despite priming and pre-filling the canister, it wouldn't kick in until I finally added water to the hoses. Go figure... lol

Ugh nevermind.. still a newbie so despite priming and pre-filling the canister, it wouldn't kick in until I finally added water to the hoses. Go figure... lol

I've encountered the same issue with my fluval 305. I took it apart for maintenance and after putting it back together I can't get it to pump water. There's no water suction. I've primed it but still no luck. When I plug it in to power, I'm getting bubbles coming out of hose where it should be taking water in.

Can anyone please assist with my issue?

Thank you so much.

-Maj

Back
Top Bottom