What did this come from? Please, help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonkeyMonk86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I put together a Fluval U3 filter and a sanitizer. I found this on the floor and can't find it in either set of direction. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398400425.539800.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398400454.583230.jpg

Looks like the air muffler that I have on my skimmer. It sucks in the air and is quite noisy. That muffler on the end quiets things down considerably.

Could it have come out of a decoration? I sanded that resin driftwood in the same area where I sat to put the sanatizer and U3 together. Is it possibly important or useful to have?

I'd edit but can't add a pic that way. I found the hole. So yeah there is an open end and the black end has a hole for open and close. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398434420.553223.jpg. Could it be for the sanatizer? Or the U3?

It looks like an air inlet valve to me. They are usually used for venturis on protein skimmers or for the air inlet on a powerhead.

I'm still lost. I didn't install either a protein skimmer or a power head but on the sanitizer there is a thing like a parascope that has to be out of water and on the fluval there is a Venturi system. No pic. Just says if using Venturi system put the Venturi valve into top of vent. Which I did, but had no clue what it was talking about. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398455270.043479.jpg

Back
Top Bottom