What do i do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HellaFella

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Soooo, I just moved into a rental house and it has a 50gal fishtank built in to the living room wall...

I remember my dad always had a fishtank during my early childhood, and I used to help him with it, but I don't really remember anything from then.

I have lots of experience in many other things, and understand water chemistry and whatnot from my years as a hydroponic gardener.

How do I rehab this tank and make it awesome again?

Attachments

• DSC_3528.JPG
    DSC_3528.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC_3530.JPG
    DSC_3530.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 181
What do you haveto do to access the tank? It looks as though there is a cabinet above the aquarium door in the second pic. Hopefully whoever installed the sucker thought about that. (I tried to help a customer set up a a tan once where he had someone put a cutout in his wall that was only about 3" taller than the tank and no access panel. As I recall, he was VERY disappointed when he figured out he had no room to put in fish, much less vacuum the gravel or scrape algae.)

What equipment do you have? I see the power filter in the second pic, and it looks as though there might be some stuff in the tank. Can you get some pics of individual components to share? Take an inventory to see what you have, and then we'll go from there.

I would start by pulling the tank out and rinsing. If you have hard water stains or scale, you can use vinegar and elbow grease to dissolve it.

I'm sure many folks on this board (myself included) will be happy to help you out any way we can.

Aiiiight, i will take a crack at removing it from the wall today..... Seems to be pretty easy to remove (there is a bit of wiggle room)

I personally would not do anything to that tank since it doesn't belong to you, spending money on something that belongs to your landlord seems like a waste of money to me. That task belongs to the property owner, just like making sure the stove works,

I feel like that there is a back ground taped to the front of that, or something. Please correct me if i'm wrong lol.

Aiiiight, i will take a crack at removing it from the wall today..... Seems to be pretty easy to remove (there is a bit of wiggle room)
Have some one help you, it'll be heavy and might be better to have someone there with you...

Back
Top Bottom