What do you guys think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smallfry53

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a generic 17W T8 bulb/hood. I don't have a lot of money to spend on lighting, but I want to keep some live plants. I was thinking with this I might be able to keep some plants that require low to moderate light without breaking the bank on a $100-200 unit.

Aqualight with Colormax & 6700k Fluorescent T-5 Lamps - 18W - 30 in.

Thoughts and/or opinions are greatly appreciated! (y)

You would be able to grow plants with that fixture. I'd say low light plants depending on tank size.

Ok thanks George. Sorry I forgot to say its for a 29g. Do you think that light fixture would be worth it, or are there better options in the 40-50ish dollar price range?

I think that's a perfect fixture for the price. You'll be able to grow some low light plants. Maybe low to medium.

smallfry53 said:
Ok thanks George. Sorry I forgot to say its for a 29g. Do you think that light fixture would be worth it, or are there better options in the 40-50ish dollar price range?

A dual t5 from fishneedit.com or aquatraders.com

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to go with that fixture. I would like to get a better one, but it will give me more then twice the watts of my current fixture without putting me in the red too far. There was one on aquatraders.com that I liked, but they were out of stock... anyway, I really appreciate you guys helping me figure this out.

smallfry53 said:
Thanks guys. I think I'm going to go with that fixture. I would like to get a better one, but it will give me more then twice the watts of my current fixture without putting me in the red too far. There was one on aquatraders.com that I liked, but they were out of stock... anyway, I really appreciate you guys helping me figure this out.

Mhm np. Also if you search that fixture on eBay it should come up

smallfry53 said:

Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom