What do you guys think about these lights for my 150 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the input guys, I think I've pretty much settled on T5's being the way to go, just need to figure out which fixture now.

The discussion of T5 versus Halides has been going on forever. The opinion as to which is better goes back and forth and endless. Right now there's LED thrown in the discussion but most agree that the rpice and the technology has a long way to go. Price down and technology up. I would venture to say that most using halides supplement with T5's as I do.

The discussion of T5 versus Halides has been going on forever. The opinion as to which is better goes back and forth and endless. Right now there's LED thrown in the discussion but most agree that the rpice and the technology has a long way to go. Price down and technology up. I would venture to say that most using halides supplement with T5's as I do.

Any thoughts on these LEDs from CAD Lighting as they're only about $200 more than the fixtures I was looking at and the first time I have to change the bulbs in 6-8 months is going to cost me almost that anyways.

I think you would do just fine wit a 5' tek over your 72" tank. That is just 6" on each side without lights directly over it. You are going to get plenty of reflection if you keep the sides clean. But that would be if you were picking it up used. 2 36s wuld be better anyway so you are not wasting light over the center brace.

LED is about to boom. My 48" fixture has 24 actinic royal blue leds and cost less than $100. I am building a 40 for my solana soon. These 3watt leds put my reefbrite to shame and that thing looks great on my 8gal pod.

MH is about to go the way of UGF and bioballs. Lol

Back
Top Bottom