What do you think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like to know info too I've been looking around for new light too... I like the night moon light

All right good to know =P would have been frustrated if i couldn't plug it in, and how is the dispersion with the lights, because i will only be able to hang 1, and the measurements?
and your 250 thread is great read the entire thing =)

I'm assuming you have a 54 corner. If so, I think the spread will be good enough for this size footprint. As you saw in the build thread, I have a 7' tank and use 3 of these over it. In person, you don't see any shadowing on the sand bed- only small V shaped shadows at the top of the water between the fixtures.

Here are the PAR numbers and i illustrated where you see some shadowing. This is a 31" deep tank, so, your sand bed numbers will be higher, but I'm pleased with the output.
img_1823821_0_3fe0e655e54e6d10bda11a4edf5d841f.jpg

I'm assuming you have a 54 corner. If so, I think the spread will be good enough for this size footprint. As you saw in the build thread, I have a 7' tank and use 3 of these over it. In person, you don't see any shadowing on the sand bed- only small V shaped shadows at the top of the water between the fixtures.

Here are the PAR numbers and i illustrated where you see some shadowing. This is a 31" deep tank, so, your sand bed numbers will be higher, but I'm pleased with the output.
img_1824636_0_3fe0e655e54e6d10bda11a4edf5d841f.jpg
thanks!, great info, im going to have to see what you do then ill jump into the led craze, but those par outputs look very good =)

Awesome LED light! :vader: Mr. X, if you can could you let us know how your corals are enjoying the LED's. I have a 180gal thats 6ft long, so I was looking at new lighting, either 2-3 of theses or 2 400w m/h. obviously the LED's would save my light bill!! :whistle: also on buying 2-3 radions......

You are going to need 3 of these to light a 6' tank. you would also need 3 x 400 watt mh, not 2, because the spread on a halide is roughly 2', unless you put them up really high over the tank, which will be blinding.
These are fine for a tank of your depth. You'll be able to grow whatever you want.

You are going to need 3 of these to light a 6' tank. you would also need 3 x 400 watt mh, not 2, because the spread on a halide is roughly 2', unless you put them up really high over the tank, which will be blinding.
These are fine for a tank of your depth. You'll be able to grow whatever you want.

Thanks for the reply Doug, but Im alittle confused.... are you saying I would need 3 LED's AND 3 400watt m/h?? :confused:

I'm saying you'll need 3 of either to evenly light your tank. If you use two 400 watt halides you'll have to raise them so high to not get any dark corners that it will look silly IMO.
I would much rather have 3 of these units than 3 x 400 watt halides, or even 2 x 400.

I'm saying you'll need 3 of either to evenly light your tank. If you use two 400 watt halides you'll have to raise them so high to not get any dark corners that it will look silly IMO.
I would much rather have 3 of these units than 3 x 400 watt halides, or even 2 x 400.

Oh :thanks: !!! I thought you were saying I would need 6 lights!!....Well then theres 3 on order!! Thanks alot Doug!

Awesome! That guy should start sending me commission! Seriously, I think you'll be quite pleased for the money.

Back
Top Bottom